Monday 24 December 2012

22nd to the 24th Around Town

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! The last couple of days involved walks to town to find ATM's, visits to the market, stopping in at Buddy's for a cappuccino or americano and lazing about on the beach. After the beach we would head up to our balcony for happy hour. David expanded our area by setting up a bar (the stool) LOL. Today we actually had more than one choice, vodka or brandy. On the way to town we found a restaurant that was actually serving snake or crocodile with garlic bread. I tried to get some interest to go for a taste but the other three were not interested. We did, however, sample a banana wrapped in rice and BBQ'd from a street side vendor. It was quite tasty!
In the market we found a hat quite becoming to Marie, only she wasn't convinced.
I thought I might look for a bird for Christmas but after seeng the chickens lined up under the umbrella my appetite sort of disappeared. Ok maybe pork; NOT! I think I'll be a vegetarian.
Marie had her revenge in the hat department when I thought I found the perfect helmet when I ride Jake the Snake! Too funny.
Lots of fish everywhere and nice fresh eggs, free range, actually free to roam where ever and eat anything they find on the street.
There are so many scooters in the market areas that the pollution gets to you. Mary-Jo was having a hard time with the smog so we got her a mask to cover her mouth. Check ot the table f all the colours.
During our walk we encountered a wedding, just plunked on the side of the street, and the bride invited us in to eat. We were not sure what to do so we graciously declined. They allowed us to take their picture.







































2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to both of you and your travelling friends. Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. If you have contact info that we can call you tomorrow (25th) message me on FB and we'd love to call you.

    If not, we understand and will touch base another time that's more convenient.
    Hugs
    Pam & Joe
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, George, David and Maryjoe, I've been following your travels and like everyone else enjoy it very much. Miss seeing you all at the 'Bean'.You have my wheels spinning as to how aand when I'll be out there again traveling.
    Very Merry Christmas.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete